Shout Me

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas... what just happened?

Ok, so what just happened? Where did Christmas go? It is just me, or did the season just fly by? Maybe its because Christmas is the busiest time of year for christinetaylorquilts or maybe its the fact that we have 2 kids that keep us very busy, or lots of family to celebrate with... who knows, but man that went fast.


I am finally getting around to uploading some photos of our Christmas events. Here are some of my faves:




Love this one, I made the table runner and painted the plate and Santa mug with a little help from my friend at pottery parties in the hills. I hope that it will be part of a family tradition for years to come.













Some other traditions we have, on Christmas eve, we go out for dinner and then take in the light display in a neighboring town. This is what the lights looked like this year:






Christmas morning was great, the kids are at such a nice age to believe in the magic of the season, I just love the looks on their faces when they see what Santa has brought for them. It was a busy day, but great to see family and celebrate with too much food and treats!!



Now that it is almost the new year, I guess it is back to business as usual. I am in the process of making some new items to sell this year. First up is some thing called a pillowcase dress. These were traditionally made using vintage pillowcases fashioned into dresses. The more modern versions of these dresses come in a variety of cotton quilting fabrics. Here is a pic of the one I made for my daughter...


They are great paired up with some leggings and a shirt in the winter months and as a sundress in the summer. When your little one gets a bit bigger, she can wear it as a top. The ribbon straps are adjustable too. A very versitile dress that can be made in many different fabrics. I will keep you posted with some valentines, St. Patricks day and Easter dresses in the coming months.


Wishing you all a happy and safe new year with all the best that the year has to offer!!



No comments:

Post a Comment